(1) A ship, when in a port or an offshore
terminal under the jurisdiction of another Party to the Protocol
of 1997, is subject to inspection by officers duly authorized by
such Party concerning operational requirements under this Annex,
where there are clear grounds for believing that the master or crew
are not familiar with essential shipboard procedures relating to
the prevention of air pollution from ships.
(2) In the circumstances given in paragraph
(1) of this regulation, the Party shall take such steps as will
ensure that the ship shall not sail until the situation has been
brought to order in accordance with the requirements of this Annex.
(3) Procedures relating to the port State
control prescribed in article 5 of
the present Convention shall apply to this regulation.
(4) Nothing in this regulation shall be
construed to limit the rights and obligations of a Party carrying
out control over operational requirements specifically provided
for in the present Convention.